Our vinyl doors, and accessories are supplied to companies who offer a bespoke manufactured solution to any room in your home. Only the finest quality raw materials are used, underpinned by exceeding BS6222 1993 quality standard with up to a 10 year guarantee.
Vinyl doors are made with MDF, using wood from sustainably managed forests. These are cut to size, and routed with any design. Finally, they are finished with high quality vinyl. Our manufacturing process recycles over 99% of waste.
Our local environment
Our factory is located right on the historic Rochdale Canal, which was built at the end of the 18th century. The Rochdale Canal is one of just three canals which cross the Pennines and is popular with leisure boaters. Our cutting-edge dust extractor and other technologies in the factory ensure we minimise air pollution to the canal and surrounding area.
We are also passionate about increasing the number of trees in Rochdale. In 2019 we became a corporate member of the City of Trees 100 Trees Club.
Our charity work
We donate at least 5% of profits per year to support local and national charities, community groups and initiatives in and around Rochdale that share our values. Recent and current benefactors include:
- Sanctuary Trust, a registered charity which provides support to the homeless
- Jolly Josh, a registered charity which supports learning disabled children, their families and carers
- Lancashire Wildlife Trust, our regional member of the UK’s leading nature conservation charity
- City of Trees, a registered charity planting trees and restoring woodlands in Greater Manchester
- Hopwood Hall Academy, as headline sponsor of its Animal Academy scholarship scheme
- Rochdale in Bloom, a volunteer-led community group dedicated to brightening up Rochdale
- Q Gardens, a local community garden
- Rochdale Online, Rochdale’s local community news website
- Heyside Angels, as sponsor of the U13 girls football team
Our employees are the heart of our business. We are proud to say that every single one of our team is a local resident living on average within 3 miles of our factory.
We have a Wellbeing Fund that is open to all staff who have been employed at Crystal Doors for longer than 12 months. Employees are eligible for a one-off payment of up to £200 every year to put towards their personal development and wellbeing, such as attending courses, hobbies or leisure activities, or gym and club memberships.
Our business community
Our MD Richard Hagan plays a leading role in the local business community as a member of Rochdale Ambassadors.
Richard also works closely with other local organisations to champion sustainability and Industry 4.0, including: