The following policy statement applies to our employees, the goods and services we procure, our direct operations and the goods and services we provide to our customers.
As a manufacturer of vinyl-wrapped doors, Crystal Doors recognises that its activities impact the environment in a number of ways, principally through our use of:
- Materials in the production of goods
- Machinery and hardware, including manufacturing plant and equipment, and information communication technology (ICT)
In recognising this, Crystal Doors is strongly committed to protecting the environment and continually improving its environmental performance by:
- Meeting or surpassing all relevant Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and the expectations of our customers, employees and the community at large
- Minimising the consumption of energy, resources, releases to the atmosphere, water consumption and waste disposal by following best environmental practice wherever possible
- Ensuring our suppliers and customers are encouraged to support and replicate our environmental commitments
- Reviewing how we can make further improvements to our environmental performance on a continual basis
In working towards these objectives, we will:
- Follow the principles of ISO14001 Environmental Management Systems and PAS 2060 Carbon Neutrality, and ultimately go beyond these standards
- Reduce energy consumption in our operations through investments in energy efficiency, on-site renewable energy generation, electric vehicles and staff awareness
- Measure and report our carbon footprint for Scope 1 (direct emissions) and 2 (emissions from electricity use) on an annual basis and work towards incorporating Scope 3 (indirect emissions)
- Reduce waste generation through the recovery and/or reuse of materials used in production where practical
- Reduce business travel miles through better journey planning, use of ICT and prohibiting business flights
- Provide carbon literacy training to all staff and encourage employees to walk or cycle to work
- Prioritise environmental quality and performance in all purchasing decisions where practical
- Develop products and services which support the circular economy through R&D investment and working with suppliers
- Promote and disseminate good environmental practice to all stakeholders, including suppliers, customers and the local community
- Remove poor performing suppliers and customers from supply chain where practical
In addition, Crystal Doors follows specific policies with regard to timber use:
- We hold FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) Chain of Custody Certification to ensure that all the timber we purchase is FSC certified and sourced from well-managed forests. Check our current status here.
- We stock product that has been produced under the Programme for the Endorsement of Certification schemes (PEFC) and the American Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI). Check our current status here.
This policy and the actions arising from it are regularly reviewed as part of the business planning process which involves the senior management team and input from independent experts.